We’re all really happy to write another review on Discovery Girls yet again so we can inform others on how great it is! We beleive in what DG does and would be happy to let others know all about it!
1.) What We Like About The Discovery Girls Survival Guide & Magazines:
a. What I Like About The Discovery Girls Survival Guide written by JoJo:
I like the entire the Upfront Introduction of the Discovery Girls Survival Guide! Although, my favorite part is the All The Places We’ve Been and the Growing Up With Discovery Girls.
I like All The Places We’ve Been because there’s lots of really funny pictures and it’s nice to know where DG has been. The reason I really like Growing up with Discovery Girls because you can read all the fun and cool things that DG has gone through! It’s also really fun to look through DG’s first covers and how it got nicer and better…and how it ALL changed like Ask Ali and even the Discovery Girls logo!
b. What I Like About The Discovery Girls Magazines written by JoJo:
I really like Ask Ali and it’s goals to help girls. It’s nice to know about girls and their friendship problems just in case anything goes wrong in between me and a friend. I have like dozens of friends and I’ve never got into fights like “Hey! I thought you were my best friend!”. I really think that it’s really hard for these girls that get into these fights, especially when it’s with their best friends. So, it’s awesome to know that there’s someone to help them out!
I think I like everything! Here’s a list of the categories that I like and why…btw, they’re not in any special order!
- I really like the Great Debates because it’s nice to know what different girls thoughts are and noone’s wrong because it’s all just different opinions.
- I like the Embarrassing Moments, everyone has some and it’s always easy to calm down once telling someone what happened. To be able to tell people without them knowing it’s you is really helpful too!
- I really like the Creative Corner too! I’m always looking for something new and fun to make! With help from DG, I was able to make an awesome friendship bracelet for my friend!
- I like the Worst Day because you can read about girl’s lives and their problems. Sometimes they’re sad, but sad things happen in life.
- I really like the Quizzes, they’re fun and many of them can help girls because they’re about your friendship and let you know if you’re that good a friend!
2.) What We Like About The FabGirls Guides:
All of the guides are awesome! Here’s what we think of one of them in great detail:
a. FabGirls Guide To Friendship Hardship written by GiGi:
I like the book FabGirls Guide To Friendship Hardship because it could be really helpful to a middle-school-aged-girl going through some trouble with some friends. One thing that you see in movies and real life, too bad it’s not a good thing! I also like the quizzes because then you can see if you can figure out if you have a cute nickname!
In chapter two, Mean Girls and Frenemies, it tells you so many ways to tell if you have a frienemie. I also love the small Pop Quiz, it shows what you would do or how you would react and if you have good intentions or not. Having a quiz at the end of each chapter is awesome. Say you were at the end of the chapter Mean Girls or Frenemies, then you would take the quiz and figure out if you are the mean girl (or frenemie). Although, the chapter ends nicely by giving you advice on how to be nicer!
I don’t think I would agree on having a clique, even if it was a good one because you can quickly turn into a bad one that’s made up of mean girls and shunnes others away! It’s even possible that you’re a bad clique and you think that you’re a good one (not a nice one. People know when they’re being mean, bad maybe not.)
There’s a chapter called Stop Playing the Popularity Game!, but if you want to be popular, you have to read the next chapter, How to Be Truly Popular. It explains how to be a nice, good and kind popular! That’s the popular girls should want to be!
Who Should Read This Book?
- I think even if you are “Little Miss Popular” you should still read this book, even if you have all the friends you can want. You’ll learn something hurtful, all those “friends” are fake.
- If you aren’t popular and have no friends, you should also make sure you read this book.
- If you’re just in the middle, you should also read this book, because everyone goes through friendship hardships.
The last chapter, Summing It All Up is a perfect ending for the book! The best thing about this book is that it has many tips from other girls and the questions that are answered are from girls too!
Just in case you didn’t read and weren’t part of our Discovery Girls September 2011 Review & Giveaway, you should check it out for other information—lots are provided because that review and giveaway was in a Q&A format…the answers are all correct except for the prize since that giveaway ended, LOL!