We never heard of Discovery Girls magazine, before being introduce to this review and giveaway opportunity even though they are celebrating their 10th year. (It’s a really nice magazine…don’t you see the doors blogging opens for you? Being introduced to new products that you’d like for free!?)
We got one of the Fab Girls Guides, Getting Through Tough Times, the 10 year special edition which is jammed with totally cool things and the new August/September issue. They are full of different fun things like quizzes, fashion tips and A LOT more.
I like their Speak Out polls a lot too, they don’t just have them in their magazines either. They ask things, and you can see the answers from girls years ago. Right now, one poll that’s going on is “Cell Phones?”; a question they asked in their February/March 2005 issue! It sort of weird how much girls (and people all together) have changed so much.
They also have fun posts about things you might want to know about, like Fashion: Alabama Cover Shoot! It’s all about how they choose the colors for the cover shoot.
Q: What are Fab Girls Guides?
A: Fab Girls Guides are books that are made to help girls through Middle School. Also, it’s called Fab Girls Guide because the two sisters Carmen and Dallas last name is Fabrulezziano. The Guide we got is about the tough times other girls went through, and how they dealt with it.
Q: What makes the 10 year Survival Guide – Collector’s Edition so different and special?
A: Well first of all if you look at it, it’s about 2-times the size of a regular edition. Second, it’s jammed with super cool things that wouldn’t be in any issue like: Growing Up with Discovery Girls: An Inside Look (The Story), DG timeline (from 2000 to 2011 – hey look at that it’s just as old as me it started in 2000!), Behind the scenes (All The Places we’ve Been…and the Things we’ve Done, DG Top 5 (Photo Shoot Bloopers, Things not to do if you want to be a DG Cover Girl, Closest Calls…The DGs who almost didn’t make it! and Photo Shoot Close Calls!), Meet the DG Interns (Interns <3 Your Mail!) and so on.
Q: How can I be featured in a DG Magazine issue?
A: DG features real girls on the cover and in every issue. They choose 12 girls from a specific state to be their “Discovery Girls” and then they travel to that state to hold a two-day photo-shoot. Learn more how you can be a DG Star “cover girl” here.
Q: Can you tell me a little more about DG?
Discovery Girls articles and features are written by girls, for girls–which means our content touches on topics that really matter to tweens. Our goal is to help girls grow and develop, forming a positive sense of self through solutions that build confidence, resilience and independence.
- Created by girls, for girls ages 8-12
- Features real girls, dealing with real-life situations
- Provides a community where girls can interact, share ideas, and realize they’re not alone
- Includes fun, age-appropriate articles, quizzes and tools to help girls thrive
- Empowers girls to celebrate who they are and strive to realize their potential
Q: What does the Discovery Girls Prize Pack (that I can win!) include?
A: The Discovery Girls Prize Pack (value $60-70)
- 1 complimentary year subscription to the magazine (a $20 value!)
- 1 set of our Fab Girls book set ($40)
- If available, the special collector’s edition, which will encompass 10 years of the best content from our magazine plus more special features ($10)!
That’s a lot isn’t it!?
They always have a “Celebrity” area in the magazine, but my sisters and I ignore it, not because it’s not written well or anything; but it’s just that we’re not into that stuff.
Anyways, did I mention is how stylish (cool-looking & cute) their site is?!
Q: Rate their Fashion Tips…
A: I really, really like Discovery Girls’ fashion tips because I’m a total fashionista [I'm not kidding, for S3 (S-cubed) I'm Stylin' Sabra, the Stylish sister]. I have always liked mixing up cute, modest outfits; but now I’m actually drawing and designing clothes! I entered my first International fashion design contest last week…it’s exciting – ^o^! I guess I trailed off topic… Anyways, the Fashion Tips get a 5/5…the best it can be ‘-^ <—that’s supposed to be a fashionable wink, heehee!
There are a couple more things I want to share with you before I share how you can enter to win your own Prize Pack— ! They are the cool Free Downloads that are available on the Discovery Girls website. Some of the downloads I like are the DG 2001 Calendar and the Free Door Hanger. Really cute, aren’t they? The DG blog, full of fun (and funny) stuff…like Behind the Scenes: More Alabama Photos!
…now it’s time to:
Enter to win a Discovery Girls Prize Pack (value $60-70)!
Deadline date: Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
You must visit the Discovery Girls website and comment below telling us why you want to win this Discovery Girls Prize Pack, and how old your daughter(s) are.
To be eligible to win you must be a U.S. resident, and 18 years of age or older.
For additional entries, you may chose to complete any one or all of the the additional entries. You must write a separate comment for each additional entry you complete below. (A winner is chosen by the number of comments, not the number of actions done.)
- Follow us on Twitter @kidbloggersclub
- Become a Kid Bloggers Club Facebook Fan
- Subscribe to our email list, on the top of the right-hand sidebar.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed via email or RSS feedreader.
- Subscribe to the Kid Bloggers Club YouTube Channel
- Tweet this (or something similar)
RT @kidbloggersclub GIVEAWAY @DGMagazine #Girls Prize Pack! Value $60 Deadline: Sept. 22 http://ow.ly/6wTmd #momsparkmedia Pls RT
Determining a Winner
- Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use And the Winner Is… plugin to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below. The winner will be contacted by email from hi<at>kidbloggersclub.com. If we don’t hear back from you within 48 hours for any reason, we will choose another winner. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Page, where you may refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We received products for review free of charge as active members in Mom Spark Media–we love this community. If you decide to join, please write PONNSABRA (in caps-one-word) referred you. Thanks. We were not influenced in anyway to say only “good things”…that’s lying! You’re welcome to read Kid Bloggers Club’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.